Kashmiri Lamb Curry
- 5 strands Saffron
- 100 g Blanched Almonds
- 4 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, finely diced
- 3 Dried Chillies, preferably Kashmiri
- 5 Green Cardamoms
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1kg Lean Lamb Leg, diced
- 140 ml Double Cream
- Salt, to taste
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 140 ml Natural Greek Yogurt
- Oil, for cooking
- Take a small bowl and put saffron in it, along with 300 ml warm water. Let it infuse.
- Set the oven at the highest setting and scatter the almonds on a non stick baking tray.
- Roast for 5 minutes or till they turn golden in color. Remove and set aside.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat and heat some oil in it.
- In the hot oil, fry onion, garlic, ginger and chilies in it, till onions become soft.
- Now, put cardamoms, fennel seeds, turmeric, cumin, coriander and garam masala and fry for a few minutes.
- Set the heat on high flame and add lamb to it. Fry till it turns brown.
- Add saffron, water, cream and black pepper to it and cook for an hour.
- Add almonds and cook for further 30 minutes or till the lamb is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt. Serve.