- 4 pounds Apples (peeled, cored, quartered)
- 4 strips Lemon Peel
- 3-inch Cinnamon Stick
- ¼ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot, cover it, and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for half an hour.
- Remove the pot from heat and allow to cool for ten minutes.
- Pour the mixture into an electric mixer and blend until it is smooth.
- Place the applesauce into an airtight container.
- The sauce can be served either hot or refrigerated.