Moong Dal Usal
- ½ cup Moong Dal, washed and drained
- 1 tbsp Fresh or Frozen Coconut
- 4 Green Chilies
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Take a pan and pour oil in it. Heat it well.
- Add mustard seeds and when they start to crackle, add curry leaves, green chilies and asafoetida. Fry for a minute.
- Put moong dal in it and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now, put 2 cups of water in it, along with salt, as per taste.
- Put a lid over the pan and cook till the dal is tender.
- Now, put sugar in it and mix well.
- Garnish the prepared dal with coconut. Serve hot.