- 1 cup Black Chick Peas (chane)
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 4 Green Chilies
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Fresh/ Frozen Coconut
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt, to taste
- 3 cups Water
- Take a bowl and pour 3 cups of water in it. Put black chick peas in the water and soak them overnight.
- In the morning, cook the chick peas in the pressure cooker, until soft.
- When done, remove from flame and let steam pass out of the cooker.
- Take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
- Put mustard seeds in it and when the seeds start to crackle, add curry leaves, green chilies and asadoetida to it.
- Put cooked chick peas, salt and sugar in it and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Garnish it with coconut and serve.