|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil/ Lard/ Bacon Drippings/ Butter
- 1½ cups Cornmeal, medium-grind
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups Milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put fat into an 8-inch square baking pan and place this in the oven.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix the eggs and milk thoroughly together and add with the dry ingredients. Mix this batter thoroughly.
- When the fat which was put in the oven is hot, remove the pan from the oven and pour the batter into it. Smooth out the batter on top.
- Place the pan back into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. By this time, the top will be slightly brown and the sides would no longer be sticking to the pan. You can check whether it is fully ready by sticking a toothpick in and seeing if it comes out clean.
- Serve either hot or warm.