Vidalia Onion Tart
|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 cups Vidalia Onions (diced)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Common Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Flat-Leaf Parsley(finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Chives (finely chopped)
- 1 Tart shell (partially baked)
- Cook the Vidalia Onions in olive oil taken in a heavy skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Keep covered to seal in flavor and prevent Vidalia Onions from browning.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Now add the heavy cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes.Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg and egg yolk together and add it into the Vidalia Onion mixture.
- Finish with the chopped parsley and chives.
- Pour mixture into the partially baked tart shell and bake at 325°F for about 20 minutes or until nicely borwned.
- Serve the prepared Vidalia Onion Tart with a spoonful of thick fresh tomato sauce.