Caramel Apple Pie
|Calories Per Serving:
- 20 Caramels, halved
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 5 cups Apples, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
- 3 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 recipe Pastry, for a 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To Make Taffy: take a small bowl and combine brown sugar, melted butter or margarine, and 1/3 cup flour. Mix well and set aside.
- To Make Apple Filling: take a large bowl and Place apples in it. Add white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Toss until all ingredients are mixed well and apples are thoroughly coated.
- Spoon half of apple filling into pastry-lined deep-dish pan.
- Top with half of caramels and half of taffy mixture.
- Repeat process with rest of the apple filling, caramels and taffy mixture.
- Place top pastry over filling and seal well for the protection of caramel.
- Now,you can Cut steam vents and brush top crust with milk or light cream.
- Cover pie with foil and place it on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil from pie and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, until crust looks golden. Serve it warm.