Allepey Fish Curry
- 200 g Sear Fish, cubes
- 40 ml Coconut Oil
- 5 Green Chilies, slit
- 50 g Sambar Onion, sliced
- 10 g Ginger, sliced lengthwise
- 5 g Curry Leaves
- 2 Raw Mangoes, peeled & cut in cubes
- 6 g Turmeric Powder
- 20 g Red Chili Powder
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- Salt, to taste
- Take a deep pan and heat coconut oil in it.
- Put sliced sambar onion, green chilies, half of sliced ginger, half of curry leaves and peeled raw mango cubes in it.
- Saute well, till the onions turns translucent and mango is easily mashed.
- Add turmeric powder and chili powder to it and mix well again.
- Add salt and water in it and let the spices cook on slow flame.
- Pour coconut milk in it and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Now, carefully drop the fish cubes in the prepared mixture and cook till the fish is tender.
- Take a small saucepan and saute the remaining ginger and curry leaves in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Garnish the prepared fish with this mixture and serve hot, with rice.