- ½ kg Chembu (Colocasia/ Arvi)
- 1 cup Coconut (scraped)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Garlic (small)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 stem Curry Leaves
- 2 Dry Red Chilies
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Water (for cooking)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel the chembu. Wash well and cut into small pieces.
- Place it in a cooker and add enough water, salt and turmeric powder. Pressure cook it.
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds, green chilies and garlic pods in a blender, to form a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked chembu and add the required water.
- Boil the mixture for 1 minute.
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan and add mustard seeds.
- When they start spluttering, add dry red chilies and curry leaves.
- Let them fry for a minute and add this to the chembu curry prepared earlier.
- Serve hot.