Lemon Meringue Pie
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 Lemons (juiced and zested)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1½ cups Water
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 Egg Yolks, beaten
- 1 nine-inch Pie Crust, baked
- 6 tbsp White Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the Lemon Filling take a medium saucepan and mix together 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt.
- Stir in water, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Cook this over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter.
- Add egg yolks in a small bowl and slowly mix this in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture.
- Add egg yolk mixture into the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bring the sugar mixture to a boil and cook it stirring continuously till it is thick.
- Take it off heat and pour the filling into a baked pastry shell.
- For the Meringue, take a large glass or metal bowl and whip up the egg whites until they are foamy.
- Add sugar gradually, and continue to whip it up until the stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over the pie and seal the edges at the crust.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown.