|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 (six-ounce) Ramekins
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the bottom of a large baking pan with a slightly damp kitchen cloth.
- Set a large pot of water to boil.
- While the water is boiling, combine the cream, salt and 1/4 cup of sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Take a medium bowl and beat the vanilla and egg yolks until it is smooth.
- Add hot cream to the yolks and stir till all the cream is mixed in.
- Pour this egg-cream mixture into the ramekins.
- Place a towel on a baking dish and place the ramekins on it.
- Place the baking dish on an oven rack and pour boiling water up to halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Cover the baking dish loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes in the pre-heated oven, until the custard is set.
- Remove from the oven and chill for 6 hours.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over each custard before serving and brown the top with a kitchen top for 3 minutes.