Bamboo Shoot Fry
- 1 piece Tender Bamboo Shoot, about one foot long
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 4 Dry Red Chilies
- 1 cup Oil
- Salt, as per taste
- Rip off the hard exterior of the bamboo shoot and then cut it into small pieces. Rinse it thoroughly.
- Now, take a bowl and mix the bamboo shoot pieces with baking soda. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry fenugreek seeds in it. When the seeds start to crackle, put dry red chilies and salt in it.
- Now, put bamboo shoot pieces in the fried spices and cook on low flame, till the shoot dries up.
- Add 2 tbsp of water in it and stir well.
- Serve hot and crisp.