Finnish Pulla Bread
- 7 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 packets Dry Yeast
- 2 Eggs
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 4 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Take a pan and heat milk in it, don't boil.
- Take a bowl and pour the hot milk in it. Add sugar, salt, and grounded cardamom. Mix well.
- Add yeast and stir till it dissolves. Add one beaten egg in it and mix well again.
- Now, put half of the all-purpose flour in it and mix well with a wooden spoon, making sure that no lumps are formed.
- Add the remaining half of the flour and mix well again.
- In a saucepan, melt a stick of butter and add it to the prepared dough. Knead the dough till it turns smooth and elastic.
- Keep the dough in a bowl, cover it with a clean cloth and leave it for about 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 2 large pieces and then further divide each piece into 3 equal parts.
- Roll them into strips and make into a braid. Do it with the other half of the dough as well.
- Now, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the breads on the sheet, side by side.
- Cover and let them rise for another 1 hour.
- After an hour, beat an egg and brush it on top of the loaves.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and put the breads in preheated oven, at a temperature of 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool down a bit and enjoy.