- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cup Almonds, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- ½ tsp Allspice, ground
- ½ tsp Cloves, ground
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Confectioners' Sugar, for topping
- 2 tsp Water
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees F and grease several baking sheets.
- Take a bowl and beat eggs, white sugar and brown sugar in it, until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix lemon juice, almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, allspice, and cloves in the egg- sugar mixture.
- Now, add all-purpose flour to the mixture and make sticky dough.
- Take out the prepared dough on a well-floured work surface and knead to make it smooth.
- Divide the dough into small balls (for the cookies), roll them a bit and place them on the prepared baking sheets, at least 1-inch apart.
- Bake the balls for about 25 minutes and pinch in the toothpick, to check if it is cooked (the toothpick should come out clean). If not, bake for a few more minutes.
- When done, remove from the sheet immediately and place on the cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and 2 tsp water and drip ½ tsp on top of each cookie.