Swedish Limpu Bread
- 5½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 (0.25s ounce) packages Active Dry Yeast
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 1½ tsp Caraway Seeds
- 1½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Rye Flour
- Take a saucepan and boil water in it along with sugar, oil, salt, orange rind, caraway seeds, and fennel seeds, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down a bit.
- Take a bowl and mix 3 cups all-purpose flour and yeast in it properly.
- Add in the rest of the flour (2½ cups) and blend well.
- Now, stir this into the cooled mixture and blend it using a hand blender.
- Add eggs to this mixture and blend for 1 more minute.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add rye flour to make a stiff dough.
- Take out the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes, so that it turns smooth.
- Shape it into a ball and then place it in lightly greased bowl. Cover it with damp cloth and let it rise for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, divide it into half and make 2 balls. Let it rest for 10 more minutes and then shape it into 2 loaves.
- Place it in un-greased loaf pans and brush it with vegetable oil.
- Keep it for another 1 hour and then bake it at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.