Spiced Apple Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
|| 40 M|
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 large Apples, McIntosh
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour, unbleached
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Take a bowl and combine the apples, 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of the nutmeg and let the mixture stand for 20 minutes.
- Take an another bowl and whisk together the flour, 2 cups granulated sugar, salt and baking powder and make a well shape in the center.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vanilla, eggs and the orange juice and whisk the batter until it is mixed well.
- Pour 1/3 of this batter into a buttered 13x9 baking dish and sprinkle half the apple mixture over it.
- Now you can pour half the remaining batter over the apple mixture, cover it with the remaining apple mixture, and cover the apple mixture with the remaining batter.
- Take a small bowl and combine the brown sugar, softened butter, walnuts, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nut-meg, properly.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the batter, and bake the cake in the middle of a preheated 350F oven for almost forty minutes, or until it gets golden color and a tester comes out clean.