Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 pound Bittersweet (not unsweetened) or Semisweet Chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) Unsalted Butter
- 1¾ cups (packed) Brown Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 (1.4-ounce) Chocolate-covered English Toffee Bars (such as Heath), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Walnuts, toasted & chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; whisk to blend. Stir chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in a bowl for about 5 minutes or until thick. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then toffee and nuts. Chill batter until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper. Drop the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto sheets, spacing 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake just until the tops are dry and cracked but cookies are still soft to touch, about 15 minutes. Cool on sheets. (It can be made 2 days ahead). Store in an airtight container at room temperature