|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ¾ cup (4 ounces) Natural Pistachios, shelled
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ sticks (¾ cup) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- You should omit the ¼ teaspoon salt from the ingredient list when using salted pistachios.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter a 13- by 9-inch metal cake pan, then line bottom with wax paper. Butter paper and dust pan with some flour, knocking out excess.
- Pulse pistachios in a food processor until it gets finely ground (you shouldn't make it a paste)
- Add one cup flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt and pulse once or twice to mix
- Combine milk and vanilla in a measuring cup
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until it gets pale and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Add pistachio flour and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour, and mix at a very low speed until it gets combined.
- Spread batter evenly in cake pan and bake in middle of the oven until a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool it in pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then run a thin knife around sides of cake and invert onto rack.
- Now, You should remove paper and reinvert cake onto a platter. Cut it into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cake can be made one day ahead. Cool it completely and keep, covered, at room temperature.