Fresh Pear Pie
|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 nine-inch Double Crust Pie
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 cups Pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine flour, sugar lemon rind and cinnamon. Mix it until it is evenly stirred.
- Add the pie crust to a pastry pan and arrange the pears in layers on top of it.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over each layer and dot it with butter.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on finally.
- Roll out the dough that is remaining and make cuts in the dough so as to allow for steam to escape.
- Moisten the rim of the bottom crust and place the top crust over the filling.
- Fold the edge of the top crust over the bottom crust and press it to seal it. Flute the edges.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the pie for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake it for 40 minutes more.