Dal Ka Seera
- 500 g Moong Dal (green)
- 500 g Sugar
- 500 g Ghee
- Saffron (soaked in a little milk)
- Elaichi Powder
- 250 ml Water
- Few tbsp Milk
- Dry Fruits (for garnishing)
- Soak the dal for 5 to 6 hours.
- Wash the dal well and remove the skin.
- Place the dal in a food processor and grind it to a fine paste. Use water, if required.
- Place a pan on fire and add sugar and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add few tablespoons of milk.
- While the syrup is boiling, a scum will rise. Remove it with a strainer.
- Keep the syrup to boil further, till it attains a sticky consistency.
- Heat ghee in a heavy kadai and add dal.
- Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- When the dal stops sticking to the vessel, stir till it turns golden brown and the ghee separates.
- Add in the sugar syrup, elaichi powder and dissolved saffron.
- Stir continuously, till the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and garnish with dry fruits.