- 8 medium sized Lemons
- 500 gms White Sugar
- 1 cup Cold Water
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons and set aside.
- Keep the peels of 2 of the lemons, and place in a pot along with the sugar and water.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly and then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, just stirring now and again.
- Remove from heat, add the reserved lemon juice and bring back to the boil briefly, whilst stirring.
- Allow to cool and then strain into a bottle or jug. Refrigerate.
- Dilute with water or soda water before serving according to taste.