- 2¼ cups Carrots, sliced
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/8 tbsp Pepper
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tbsp Cream of Tartar
- In a saucepan, take half a cup of water and add the carrots.
- Boil it in reduced heat and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and then blend it until pureed.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and mix in the flour, salt and pepper sauce. Stir until smooth.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil while constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat when the mixture gets thickened.
- In another bowl beat in the eggs. Add the flour and milk mixture and mix well.
- Cook for two minutes while constantly stirring.
- Add the pureed carrots and mix well and set it to cool.
- Take another bowl and beat the egg whites until foamy. Into it add the cream of tartar and beat. Add these into the carrot mixture.
- Grease a soufflé dish and pour the carrot mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown.