Almond Spice Cookies
|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 cups (500gs) All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 cup (125gs) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (125gs) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 large (extra) or jumbo Eggs
- 1 cup (125gs) Butter
- 300 g Blanched Almonds, slivered
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add the coffee, almond extract, granulated and brown sugars and beat well. Add the eggs one at a time until smooth after each addition.
- On low speed gradually add the sifted dry ingredients, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula and beating only until the mixture is smooth. Gently mix in the almonds.
- Spread out two pieces of wax paper. Place large spoonfuls of the dough lengthwise on each piece of paper to form heavy strips about 10-11 inches long. Fold the long sides of the paper p against the dough and, pressing against the paper with your hands, shape each strip of dough into a smooth oblong 12 inches long, 3 inches wide, and about 1 inch thick. Wrap the dough in the wax paper.
- Slide a cookie sheet under both packages of dough and transfer them to the freezer or refrigerator for several hours or overnight. This slices best when dough is frozen solid.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap one roll of dough at a time. Place dough on a cutting board. With a very sharp knife cut the dough into 1/4-inch slices and place them 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. The cookies are done when they are slightly colored and spring back when lightly pressed with a fingertip.