|Calories Per Serving:
- ¾ cup Dried Apricots
- ¾ cup Dried Prunes
- 6 cups Cold Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Lemon Slices (1/4" thick)
- 3 tbsp Tapioca (quick-cooking)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Dried Currants
- 1 Tart Cooking Apple (peeled, cored & cut into 1/2"slices)
- Soak dried apricots and prunes in cold water, in a large stainless steel saucepan, for 30 minutes.
- Add cinnamon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar to the pan and boil the mixture.
- On boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, using a wooden spoon, to prevent fruit from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the raisins, dried currants and apple slices and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Ensure that the apples are soft and can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife or skewer.
- Pour the soup into a large serving bowl and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate to chill the soup.
- Serve the soup in compote dishes or soup bowls.
- You can try adding a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top of the soup.