- 8 ounces Semisweet Chocolate
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 8 ounces White Chocolate
- 25 Peppermint Candies
- Break the chocolates into pieces and crush the peppermint candies.
- In a boiler, over simmering water, place the bittersweet chocolate, along with one teaspoon of canola oil.
- Stir it frequently and avoid scorching.
- When the chocolate is melted, add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and stir.
- Grease a pan and line it with wax paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the pan and sprinkle the remaining peppermint.
- Refrigerate for one hour to harden it.
- Repeat the same process with the white chocolate but don't refrigerate it.
- Pour the white chocolate over the semi sweet chocolate layer and spread evenly.
- Spread the remaining candies over the top and refrigerate it until completely hardened.
- Cut into pieces and serve.