- 2 cakes Yeast
- 2 cups Lukewarm Water
- 8 cups Unbleached White Flour
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ tbsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 525 °F.
- Dissolve yeast in some water.
- In a large mixing bowl, place unbleached white flour and whole wheat flour.
- Add in the salt.
- Pour in the yeast and water mixture. Mix to form very stiff dough. Add water as and when required.
- Knead the dough well enough until it turns smooth.
- Cover the dough and let it rise to double its size.
- Mold the dough into small pieces, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Roll out the dough around your hands, until smooth.
- Place the pieces on a try and cove with plastic wrap. Let it rise for 1 hour.
- Roll out each dough piece on a floured board to form a pancake-like circle, about 8 to 9 inches in diameter.
- Place a pancake on a wooden board and slide onto upside-down cookie sheet in oven.
- Bake it for a few minutes until light brown spots can be seen.
- Remove and place it on a terry-cloth towel.
- Cover it with another towel.
- Repeat with other pancakes.
- Place all the pancakes on top of one another, with a towel between each.
- Cool them covered.