- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1-1/2 cups Grated Green Mango
- 6 to 8 Green Chillies (small-sized and cut lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup Cashews-Peanuts combined
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal (soaked in water for 30 min)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 2-3 Dried Red Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- A pinch of Asafetida
- Salt to taste
- Peel the skin and grate the unripe mango.
- Cook the rice so that each grain remains separated.
- In a skillet, heat peanut oil or ghee.
- Add cashews, peanuts, presoaked chana dal, green chillies, curry leaves, dried red chilli, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds.
- Roast them until pale golden in color.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and asafetida.
- Stir to mix and saute for another two minutes.
- Add the grated mango to the pan, stir properly and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat , add salt and mix it thoroughly with the cooked rice.
- Mango rice is ready. Serve hot.