Lime Mint Iced Tea
- 8 cups Water
- 8 Green Tea Bags
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint
- 1½ cups Superfine or Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (from 4 medium limes)
- Ice Cubes
- 6 Fresh Mint Sprigs (for garnishing)
- 1 medium Lime (cut into sixths, for garnishing)
- In a medium pot, add water and bring it to a simmer over high heat.
- On simmering, remove water from heat.
- Add the tea bags and mint.
- Cover and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Once the tea has steeped, discard the tea bags and add sugar.
- Stir well, till the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Cool the tea to room temperature and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- When the tea had cooled, remove the mint and stir in the lime juice.
- Taste the tea and adjust sugar and lime juice accordingly.
- Place ice cubes in serving glasses.
- Pour the tea into the glasses and serve with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime.