- 5 cups Potatoes (mashed)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Solid Vegetable Shortening
- 2-3 cups Flour
- Heat the mashed potatoes in the oven until hot. Then add sugar, salt and shortening.
- Add flour and mix to make a stiff and workable dough.
- Pinch off egg-sized portions from the dough.
- Roll paper-thin, on a lightly-floured pastry cloth.
- Heat electric girdle or frying pan on medium heat.
- Put each lefse on the girdle or pan and cook, until light spots begin to appear on the bottom.
- Now, turn the side and cook until the formation of light brown spots.
- Remove lefse carefully from the girdle and stack between paper towels.