- 1 medium Duck
- 2 Eggs
- 4 slices White Bread
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 1 large Potato (cubed)
- 3 tsp Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 large Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 bunch Coriander Leaves (ground)
- 2 stalks Green Spring Onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Cooking Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Remove the giblets from the duck (heart, gizzard, liver and other visceral organs).
- Clean and wash them and chop them into fine pieces.
- Clean and wash the duck and keep it aside, whole.
- Mix salt and lime juice and rub it over and inside the duck.
- Set the duck aside for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, smash the bread slices into crumbs and mix with the potato cubes.
- Add chopped onion, black pepper powder, green chilies, coriander leaves, spring onions, vinegar, chili powder and half cup cooking oil. Mix well.
- Beat the eggs well and fold them into the mixture.
- Add in the chopped giblets and stir well.
- Rub the remaining half cup oil over the duck.
- Stuff the mixture into the duck and tie up well.
- On an open charcoal fire or in a hot oven, roast the duck for half an hour, till it is cooked well.
- Baste the duck with cooking oil at intervals while roasting it.
- Serve hot with boiled rice and roasted potatoes.