Vanilla Walnut Pumpkin Pie
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 pound Pumpkin (seeded, halved)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup Liquid Coffee Creamer (French vanilla flavored)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 prepared Pie Crust (9 inch)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a large saucepan and place the pumpkin halves in it.
- Fill the saucepan with water such that it just covers the pumpkin halves.
- Bring the pan to a boil and simmer on medium-low heat, until the pumpkin is tender. This would take about 30 minutes.
- Drain out the water and scoop out the pumpkin. Throw away the pumpkin peel and mash up the scooped out flesh, until it is smooth.
- Take a large bowl and add in the milk, eggs, brown sugar, coffee creamer, cinnamon, walnuts and two cups of the mashed pumpkin. Stir this mixture well, until it is fully blended.
- Put this mixture into the pie crust and bake it in the pre-heated oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove, cool down a bit, cut into slices, and serve.