- ¼ cup Sesame Seeds
- ½ tbsp Honey
- ½ tbsp Water
- 2½ cups Flour (sifted)
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Pistachios (chopped coarsely)
- On a baking sheet, spread out the sesame seeds and toast them in an oven at 350°F, until they turn light golden brown.
- Mix honey with ½ tablespoon of water and moisten the sesame seeds with this mixture.
- Lay the sesame seeds in a saucer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Cut in the butter, using a butter knife.
- Add the 1/3 cup of water and work out to form smooth dough.
- Form walnut sized balls from the dough.
- Dip one side of each ball into the sesame seed mixture, to coat it.
- Touch the bottom side of the balls in the chopped pistachios.
- Grease a baking sheet and place the cookies on it, with the sesame side up.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 15 to 18 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.