|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 cups Fresh Gooseberries
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ tbsp White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Tapioca (variety that cooks fast)
- 1 Double-crust Pie (which you can buy readymade)
- Get the gooseberries ready by stemming and rinsing them.
- In a saucepan, crush half a cup of berries. To this, add tapioca, sugar and salt.
- Bring the mixture to boil by stirring and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add remaining berries.
- Fill the mixture of berries and tapioca into the pie crust.
- Adjust the top crust and make slits for steam to escape
- Seal off the cover edge with foil.
- Apply a brush of sugar and milk.
- Bake in the oven for around 35 minutes at 400 deg F (205 deg C).
- Cool down, cut into slices and serve.