Danish Rice Pudding
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 (10-ounce) package Frozen Sweetened Raspberries (thawed)
- 8 Almonds (whole)
- Place a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in rice, milk and sugar and mix well.
- Stir continuously for about 15 minutes, or till the pudding turns thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat and add the almond extract. Cool the mixture.
- Place the cream in a bowl and beat well to form stiff peaks.
- Fold this cream into the cooled rice mixture.
- Place the raspberries in a blender and blend them well until smooth.
- Strain the mixture.
- For serving, place pudding in custard cups.
- Top it with a tablespoon of raspberry sauce and a whole almond.