Poached Egg And Bacon Salad
|Calories Per Serving:
- A handful of Fresh Frisee Lettuce (torn into bite sized pieces)
- 2 strips Bacon
- 1 tsp Shallots, chopped
- 1 slice French or Italian Bread (a little butter to make buttered croutons)
- 1 Egg, poached
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cook two strips of bacon on medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from heat and drain off excess fat on a paper towel. Once it cools down, chop it.
- Cut a slice of French or Italian bread into cubes. Toast on medium high heat in a small saucepan, with a teaspoon of melted butter.
- Do not stir bread, unless to turn to a different side once one side is toasted.
- Poach egg in your favorite way.
- Layer the frisée, bacon, shallots, and croutons on a salad plate.
- In a small jar, mix the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad.
- Top with the poached egg and serve.