Cajun Crawfish Pie
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¾ cup Butter
- ½ cup Parsley (minced)
- ½ cup Green Onions
- ¾ Bell Pepper (medium sized, chopped)
- 1 Onion (large, chopped)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Red Pepper
- 2 ribs Celery (chopped)
- 1½ pound Crawfish Tails
- 6 tbsp Crawfish Fat (optional)
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1½ tsp Salt
- Cornstarch (to thicken)
- Double-crust Pie (readymade)
- In a medium-sized pot, sauté onion, celery and bell pepper, with butter.
- Once it becomes tender, add crawfish fat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now, add crawfish tails, parsley, green onion, and seasoning.
- You could add cornstarch to get thick gravy.
- Cook until the gravy thickens to required consistency
- Place half of the pie-crust dough onto a 9-inch pan and fill it with filling
- Place the other crust on top, moisten and seal edges of the crusts
- Make sure to cut slits on the top crust, to let out steam.
- Bake in the oven at 450 deg F for 10 minutes, then reduce to 375 deg F and cook for 35 minutes.
- Once the crust is golden-brown, the pie is ready.