|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp Orange Peel, finely grated
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Milk or Evaporated Milk
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to blend.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts or pecans, and grated orange peel.
- Mix in buttermilk with a fork, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a floured surface, roll or pat dough out into a 3/4-inch thick circle.
- Cut the dough into rounds, with a 2-1/2 inch cutter.
- Place rounds on a large greased baking sheet, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.
- Brush with milk or evaporated milk.
- Combine 1 tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon; sprinkle a little of the mixture over each scone.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place scones on lower oven rack.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly brown.