Smoked Peking Duck
- 1½-2 kg Duck
- 1 Orange
- 1 Onion
- 5 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Sherry
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- Boiled Water (as required)
- Preheat the smoker.
- Place honey, white vinegar, sherry, soy sauce and pepper in a blender and blend well.
- Add the juice of half a orange and mix well.
- Keep the mixture for boiling. Once it boils, remove and leave it to cool.
- Remove the skin of the duck, using a sharp fork.
- Pour around 1 gallon of boiling water on the duck.
- Stuff the duck with onion and the remaining orange.
- Set the duck aside to dry out.
- Now, keep the duck in the smoker at 160°F, for about 3 hours.
- After every 30 minutes, coat the duck using half of the prepared sauce.
- Serve the smoked duck with the other half of the sauce.