Banana Yogurt Pie
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 Bananas (frozen, peeled and chopped)
- 1 Banana (finely sliced)
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt (low-fat)
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk (chilled and low-fat)
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Boiling Water
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Gelatin (unflavored)
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a food processor, blend the rolled oats, dates, vanilla extract, orange juice and cocoa powder ,for five minutes.
- Pour a thin layer of the mixture on the sides and base of a pie-dish and refrigerate.
- Boil water. Take gelatin in a bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Stir it slightly, to dissolve and keep it aside for cooling.
- Now, blend the frozen bananas into a fine paste, add milk and blend for another five minutes.
- To it, add the vanilla extract and yogurt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the oats-mixture and gelatin.
- Pur the mixture into the pie dish. Set it for refrigeration until it is firm.
- Soak the remaining bananas in lemon juice and cut it into slices.
- Arrange the banana slices on top of the pie and sprinkle nutmeg powder on top.
- Serve chilled.