|Calories Per Serving:
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, (room temperature)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg, (room temperature)
- 1 cup Mashed Bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cups Flour
- A pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mace or Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 cup Pecans (or walnuts/ chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let it sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas, which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
- Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture.
- Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold the pecans or walnuts or chocolate chips into the batter.
- Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
- Let cool on wire racks. Serve.