Cream Of Broccoli Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 tbsp Margarine
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 stalk Celery (chopped)
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 8 cups Broccoli Florets
- 3 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Place a medium-sized stock pot on fire and heat 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- Add onion and celery and sauté until tender.
- Add broccoli florets and chicken broth and stir well.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the contents in a food processor and puree.
- Return the puree to the pot and heat again.
- Place a small saucepan on medium heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of margarine.
- Add flour and milk. Stir continuously, to form a thick and bubbly consistency.
- Stir this mixture into the soup.
- Remove from heat and season with pepper.
- Serve hot.