Thai Prawn Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 20 Prawns (medium size)
- 4-5 cups Water
- 3 Shallots or Small Red/ Purple Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 stalks Lemon Grass (lightly pounded, cut into 1-inch-long segments)
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 slices Fresh or Dried Galangal Root
- 20 small Mushrooms (halved or whole)
- 2-3 tsp Lime Zest
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2-3 Habanera or Birdseye Chili Peppers
- 5 Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 5 Spring Onions (chopped)
- Thoroughly wash the prawns and shell them without removing their tails.
- Place a large pan on fire and pour water in it.
- Add shallots, lemon grass, fish sauce and galangal root.
- Boil the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Add prawns and mushrooms and cook until the prawns turn pink.
- Add in lime zest, lime juice and chili peppers. Cover and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Serve hot.