Southwestern Egg Rolls
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¼ cup Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ tbsp Fresh Parsley (minced)
- ½ tsp Cumin (ground)
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¾ cup Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1/3 cup Corn Kernels (frozen)
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1 Chicken Breast Half (skinless, boneless)
- 1 pinch Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 quart Oil, for deep frying
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Green Onion (minced)
- 2 tbsp Red Bell Pepper (minced)
- 2 tbsp Spinach (frozen chopped, thawed and drained)
- 2 tbsp Jalapeno Peppers (diced)
- 5 (6-inch) Flour Tortillas
- Prepare chicken by coating it with vegetable oil.
- Over medium heat, cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side, so that it is no longer pink and becomes juicy. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, stir red pepper and green onion into the remaining vegetable oil.
- Stir and cook for 5 minute, until tender
- Chop chicken and mix in the pan with red pepper and green onion.
- To this. add spinach, jalapeno peppers, chilli powder, cumin, parsley, black beans, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Stir well and cook for 5 minutes, until all ingredients have mixed and become tender.
- Remove pan from heat, add cheese and stir, so that it melts.
- Now, take a clean and lightly damp cloth and wrap the tortillas.
- Microwave the tortillas on high temperature for around 1 minute, or until pliable and hot.
- Scoop even amounts of the mixture into the tortillas, one at a time.
- Fold and roll tortilla tightly around the mixture and fix with toothpick.
- Place tortilla in a dish, arrange and cover with plastic.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Finally, take a deep frying pan and heat oil to 375 deg F (190 deg C).
- Deep fry stuffed and frozen tortillas for 10 minute each.
- They are ready when they turn dark, golden brown.
- To drain excess oil, place on paper towels, before serving.