Ham And Potato Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¾ cup Ham (diced and cooked)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Celery (diced)
- 1/3 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp White or Black Pepper, ground
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Chicken Bouillon Granules
- 3¼ cups Water
- 3½ cups Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 5 tbsp Flour
- Mix celery, onion, potatoes, ham and water in a large pot. Bring to boil.
- Over medium flame, cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Mix in chicken bouillon, pepper and salt.
- Melt butter over medium flame, in another pan.
- Add flour and stir continuously for 1 minute, or until the mixture is thick.
- Slowly add milk, to avoid getting lumps and stir until all of it has been added.
- For another 4 to 5 minutes, continue stirring continuously, over low medium heat.
- Add the mixture to the large pot and cook soup.
- Once the soup is thoroughly heated, serve.