|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 cups Fresh Blackberries
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 (9-inch) Double Crust Pie Shell, unbaked
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 3½ cups blackberries with half cup sugar and flour. Mix well.
- Place an unbaked pie shell on a baking tray and spoon the blackberry mixture into it.
- Spread the remaining half cup blackberries over the mixture.
- Cover the mixture with the top crust.
- Seal and crimp the edges well.
- Brush the top crust with milk.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of sugar over the milk.
- Make some slits in the top crust, to allow the steam to escape.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 °F (190 °C) and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream.