Broccoli and Almond Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 300 ml Skimmed Milk
- 900 ml Vegetable Stock
- 675 g Broccoli, divided into small florets
- 50 g Ground Almonds
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Salt to taste
- Prepare oven by pre-heating it at 180 deg C.
- On a greased baking sheet, spreads almonds and toast them for 10 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
- Keep aside a quarter of the almonds for garnishing.
- Boil broccoli florest for 7 to 8 minutes, until they become tender.
- Mix the broccoli, remaining almonds, milk and water in a mixer and blend until it becomes smooth.
- Season according to taste.
- Once blended and seasoned, reheat the soup and serve hot.
- Toasted almonds can be sprinkled on top.