- 2 heads Broccoli Romanesco (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2-4 Garlic Cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Cut or break the heads of broccoli romanesco into small, bite-sized florets.
- Place a saucepan on fire and add olive oil.
- Add the sliced garlic cloves and broccoli romanesco florets.
- Cook on moderate heat, until the garlic and edges of the florets get browned.
- Add water, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 10 minutes, till the water gradually disappears and the florets become soft.
- Remove from heat and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the florets to mix the cheese.
- Serve hot.