Hawaiian Potato Salad
- 4-6 Potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 6 hardboiled Eggs (chopped)
- 1-1/2 cup Elbow Macaroni (uncooked)
- 3 tsp Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 stalk Celery (minced)
- 1 jar Green Olives (drained and sliced)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard (French)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley (minced)
- Mayonnaise (1 cup or more, to suit)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot containing salted water, until they become fork-tender. Take care not to overcook.
- Strain the water and toss the potatoes with green onions.
- Boil macaroni, until tender, in a separate pot, while the potatoes are being cooked on the side.
- Rinse the cooked macaroni with cold water, until it cools down.
- Combine all the ingredients, except mayonnaise, in a large bowl. Let it chill for about 2 hours.
- Add mayonnaise shortly before serving, beginning with one cup and adding more till the salad reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve chilled.