Chocolate Danish Pastry Rolls
|Calories Per Serving:
- For Pastry
- ½ pound Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 16 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 8 ounces Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- Powdered Sugar (sifted)
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, till the mixture is well blended.
- Add in the egg yolk and beat well.
- Add the flour and continue beating, till the mixture is blended well. Make sure not to over-beat the mixture.
- Place the dough on a floured wax paper and form the dough into a circle.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove and divide the dough into four balls.
- Roll out each ball into a 10-inch square.
- Mix cocoa powder, chocolate chips and walnuts in a bowl.
- Spread ¼ of the filling over the dough and roll it up to form a 10 x 3 inch roll.
- Repeat with the other 3 dough balls.
- With the seam down, place each roll on a 12 x 16 inch Teflon-coated baking pan.
- Bake in an oven at 350°F for 30 minutes, or till the top of each roll is lightly browned.
- Remove and cool in the pan.
- Cut each roll into slices and sprinkle the tops with sifted powdered sugar.