|Calories Per Serving:
- 1½ cups Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Butter (melted)
- Oil (for frying)
- Place oats in a grinder and grind until crumbly.
- Take a large bowl and mix flour, baking soda, oats, salt, buttermilk and butter.
- Mix the ingredients well to form dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal-sized balls.
- Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface, as thin as possible.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Fry the balls, turning occasionally to cook on both sides.
- The balls are ready when brown spots appear.
- Remove and serve hot with hot or cold butter and your choice of jam or honey.